The Black Country Living Museum is currently advertising a vacancy for an Engineering Coordinator. The description is as follows:
37.5 hours a week (full time), £28,000 p.a., permanent.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with solid practical project management skills to join our Site Conservation, Transport & Maintenance Team as an Engineering Coordinator.
If you have a passion for heritage engineering and have strong experience of coordinating schemes of work, this is the role for you. You will have the opportunity to help shape the Museum’s strategic approach to its historic mechanical, industrial and operational collections as well as coordinate the operational maintenance of working exhibits, which range from steam boilers to coal fired ovens.
Specifically you will:
- Coordinate the work delivery of significant programmes of repair, restoration and conservation around the Museum’s historic site.
- Determine specifications and tender content for the use of external contractors and suppliers.
- Consider financial resources and the challenges of working in a visitor environment, when prioritising projects.
- Develop optimum standards and working practices for the care, maintenance and ongoing use of relevant collections.
- Ensure that relevant collections are maintained in-line with safety management systems, health & safety policies and external regulations as required.
- Maintain accurate electronic inventories of equipment, materials, and service records.
- Provide regular and timely written communication on the progress of works to appropriate stake holders
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and organised individual with proven project management/coordination experience. Strong all round communication skills are critical as you will be required to make and present your recommendations. You should also be adept at working independently but ensuring clarity of your outputs.
Whilst a specific engineering background is not essential you must have some experience of working in an industrial setting and be able to evidence your engineering skills and knowledge.
To apply for the role, read the job advert here.